Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Blog Post

I've been blog stalking over the last few weeks. There are so many creative teachers out there who are generously sharing their resources. I started thinking and, after almost 30 years of teaching, I figured I had a few things to share as well and blogging seems to be a good platform for that! So here I am. I teach 3rd grade and have for the last . . . well, let's just say more than I care to admit! Is it possible I've been a teacher that long? I have also taught 1st, 2nd, and 4th, but it's 3rd graders who have caught my heart for good. When I started teaching, there was a 3rd grade teacher in the building who had taught third grade for over 20 years. At the time I thought how boring! That would never be me. But after teacher several other grades, I found myself in third grade and have been there happily ever since. I get it now - third graders rock! They are old enough that I don't have to wipe noses or tie shoes (well, not too many!). And they are young enough that I don't have to deal with attitude (at least most days), they still love their teacher, and they love learning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment