Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, April 25, 2011

New Find

Until tonight I had never heard of a sqworl and then suddenly as I'm reading blogs tonight there are 4 different people suggesting that you check out their "sqworl."  A sqworl I wonder- what could it be? Wow! Is all I can say! What a great way to share websites with kids. It's a visual bookmarking system that 3rd graders will LOVE! They don't remember names of websites but they'll remember a visual associated with a website.  They frequently will ask me about a website by saying, "You know, the one with the penguin" or "The baby racing one." 


Sqworl is an easy to use site and once you register you can create a sqworl about anything.  You can also search sqworls other people have created.  Here's a link to the sqworl I created tonight focused on interactive multiplication sites for my third graders:






Here's a link to sqworl's homepage:  



I am so happy about this! I have experimented with several ways to share websites with my kids. I think I may have discovered the best answer yet!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I LOVE the idea of using the sqworl for having my kiddos find websites! Oh my word are they terrible at typing out links- what a wonderful solution! So happy I stumbled across your blog! :)
-Abby
tboltpride05@yahoo.com

Ashleigh said...

I agree! I'm finding that my students have a very difficult actually getting to a website. This will be a great way to have visual bookmarks that can be organized anyway you want and can be the same on multiple computers. Now I need to find a sqworl of great sqworls:)

Post a Comment