- 4 Cheese Its - geometry (square), measurement (1 in. long), area (1 sq. inch), perimeter, and 4 because we'll review the attributes of shapes.
- Round cracker - because they may think it's a circle, but it's actually a cylinder
- Waffle pretzels - arrays for multiplication
- 1/2 of a cookie (soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie) - fractions
- 1 1/2 tootsie rolls - mixed numbers and decimals
- Crispix - hexagon and 6 sided for our 6 math boxes (it's an Everyday Math thing), symmetry
- Number crackers - place value (base 10 system), I'll ask them to use them to make the biggest number possible and then the smallest number possible
- Sixlets - division (they can be divided into 1, 2, 3, or 6 groups)
It's a fun way to go over some of the math concepts they'll work on during the year.