Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Starting the Year off the Write Way! Day 10

I have reached Day 10 of my ten day challenge. I've been sharing some new and old writing lessons, but I thought I would end with something a little different. I was inspired to share these lessons as I read Jennifer Jacobson's wonderful book No More I'm Done. Jennifer suggests several mentor texts to use in instruction, some I have purchased and for others I've found books that I already own that will serve the same purpose. But I love books and I love books other people love so I thought I'd share some of the mentor texts I love. Some of them I wrote a word or two to tell how I use them for and others I didn't, but I think those are self explanatory. The one I'll explain a little more about is Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis (who I met once at an IRA Convention - so personable!).  I don't have the book at home (so I can't tell you page numbers), but I read the part where he describes losing a tooth. By third grade everybody has a loose tooth story and some of the ones I've heard are hysterical! You can check out my list by clicking below to download the page.
I would love to have you share a favorite with me. What book/s do you use in your writing instruction that you just couldn’t do without?

Happy Writing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment