Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Author's Purpose

We worked on author's purpose last week. Most of my kids get it until it comes to distinguishing between inform and entertain when the narrative is realistic. I thought I would make a game for them to practice and I thought some of you might find it useful. The first page is a game board, followed by 3 pages of game cards which are all related to Thanksgiving (might as well have them learn some facts while playing!), a page to print on the back of the game cards, and an answer key. Enjoy!

18 comments:

Deceptively Educational said...

This is incredibly clever, Debbie! Thanks so much for sharing!! I'll be posting the link to your post on my blog's Facebook page this week.

YearntoLearn said...

Love this. Very useful and creative.

Denise

Yearn to Learn Blog

SCTiger said...

Great idea! Thank you!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous!


Pitner's Potpourri

Stephanie said...

This is great! Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

I am going do this with my class for sure.

Just found your blog. Great ideas!
Ms. Fiorini’s Stadium

susanlulu said...

How can I follow you by e-mail?
susanlulu@yahoo.com

my_is_favored said...

This is great! My kids love working on author's purpose. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what great timing! I'm starting Author's Purpose today and it's close to Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!

ashley lane said...

This looks awesome!! I would love to use this for my class, but I cannot open the link.

Debbie said...

Ashley, I think I fixed it. Please try again and if it doesn't work, let me know. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I couldn't download the file because it says the virus scanned failed. Anyone else having this problem? I'd love to use the game!

Unknown said...

ygyuytgufg

Unknown said...

ygyuytgufg

Unknown said...

ygyuytgufg

Unknown said...

dkbdfdkm newmj enwbghb eyhwgyegb4r er b bv gtegb bv dsvbdf xcyuf6n duyhxcb

Unknown said...

great activity for a class

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Post a Comment