Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Answer Sticks for Dummies

I looked around my classroom today and thought about the impact of all the wonderful blogs I follow and Pinterest. Trust me, the impact is substantial! So, thanks to all the great teachers out there who share so willingly.


Over the weekend, I had one last project to work on. I saw these "answer sticks" over the summer and wanted to make them. 
If you haven't happened upon these, click here to go to Tara's directions at 4th Grade Frolics. It's a great idea! (So much better than the paper ones I've used in the past.) However, I lack the mechanical skills and tools to do the project as described. Since I'm mechanically challenged, I adapted the idea and created these answer sticks.
I found the wavy sticks at Hobby Lobby.  I lined them up, painted them the light color and then the dark color. I labeled them with the letters A - D and yes and no. They don't quite measure up to the original, but they'll get the job done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the answer sticks! So colorful and creative.

Tara said...

Love your adaptation! Thanks for the shout out:)

4th Grade Frolics

jillytacy said...

I like them better than the original sticks. These are a fabulous idea.

Post a Comment