Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, August 20, 2012

New Beginnings

I have to say that time right before school starts is my second favorite time of year (second only to Christmas).  I love tracking down back-to-school bargains. I love decorating and reimagining my classroom. I love seeing my teacher friends again. I love the anticipation of meeting the kids. I love planning and creating learning opportunities for them. I love the possibilities. And I love that every school year is a new beginning. After listening to my overworked siblings this summer I have a new appreciation for the fact that we get to start fresh every fall. Awesome!!!!

I want to wish you all a great school year. I didn't blog at all over the summer, but I have lots of ideas to share so I hope you'll check back often.  

I'm going to start with a couple of back-to-school ideas. First, I have a Get to Know You Smart Board activity at teacherspayteachers for free. It serves two purposes. One is to help the kids get acquainted with each other. It also acquaints them with features of the Smart Board.  You can check it out by clicking here.  


The second is an Ask and Swap get-to-know you activity. It's based on the Kagan activity Quiz, Quiz, Trade. Each child has a card, partners up with another student, and asks the question on his/her card. Each partner asks and answers and then they swap cards and partner up with someone new. Click here to access the goggledoc.


Have a great year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment