Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Linky Party Writing Tips

Gosh, blogging twice in one day!  But I just had to join the Linky Party I found at Teaching Blog Addict to share a Writing Tip. I've been blogging about writing for the last 4 days and have challenged myself to share 10 lessons. But tips about writing is a whole other ball of wax, so here are two writing tips! 


During the conference part of my Writers' Workshop students may meet with student editors. The editors wear visors (and I must say they wear them in some very creative ways! - The baby bonnet is my favorite!) so my kids can quickly scan the room to find an editor. 





My other tip is 
a Publishing Journey. When I first started Writers' Workshop I was overwhelmed with the idea of kids going through the writing process independently. I thought I would spend all my instructional time giving directions to answer "What do I do next?" I read a book (Classroom Strategies That Work: An Elementary Teacher's Guide to Process Writing by Ruth Nathan) that talked about Publishing Journeys. This was the missing link for me - it makes my workshop work. The one I'm sharing below (click on the graphic) is what I use now though it has evolved a lot over time. Hope someone can use it!


Be sure to check out the Linky Party at Teacher Blog Addict for lots of other terrific ideas about writing.


And check out my other posts about writing:
Starting Off the Year the Write Way Day 1 - Topics
Day 2 - Prewriting
Day 3 - Ideas and Content Lesson: Focus and Zoom In
Day 4 - Organization: Conclusions


Happy Writing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment